Summer Summary

Rain Rain come and play, stay please for another day. You know, the other night I went on a long night hike, in my glorious skin and sandals, and the rain started coming down lightly. Utah is a dry place, but on that night it was humid from the clouds and moisture, and when those cool droplets fell, it was in contrast with the heat of the night.

One day I was working in the soils lab at the University, when the rain came down in torrents. I quickly took off my latex gloves, and ran down the hall, out the front doors, into the grassy corridor hidden by buildings, and I danced. I spun in circles, and drenched myself with the sweet water that earth blesses us with. It took nearly 2 hours to dry once I re-entered the air conditioned building, but the memories of that sweet rainfall will never be forgotten.

Tonight my friend came over for dinner, and as we sat outside, plates in our laps and feet in the gutter, letting the irrigation water cool us, we decided to walk around the block. Soon we were witnesses to the most brilliant sunset I have seen- we ran for our bikes, and pedaled as quickly as we could down to the soccer fields for a better view. I was in awe as I stood and watched the colors shoot through the clouds and into my eyes. Then, we hopped onto our bikes and rode out through the sprinklers.

Rain, Rain, come and play.

Comments

Popular Posts