Farewell

It's 12:30 am right now and I should be sleeping, packing, showering or cleaning, and instead I am thinking back to the fun memories I have here in Biloxi, Mississippi.

  • Man-made beaches
  • Direct descendants from slavery, and their stories
  • Children
    • "Vegetarian? I think I'm allergic to that!"
    • "Why's that fruit dried all up in there?"
    • "You ain't no gangsta! My mama say you white folk can't be gangstas."
    • Miss Amanda, Amantha, Samanda, Samantha, Savannah, Amy, Britney\
    • "You're from the west? I want to go to the west!"
    • "Why can't I come with you?"
    • "I love you."
    • "Why did you quit vegetarian? How much do you get paid for vegetarian?"
    • "Where were you? I don't do good when you're gone."
    • "Can I keep the knitting needles?"
    • "I done made me a goal!"
  • Bunks
  • Sister, Sister, Sister, Sister.
  • Dancing. Laughing.
  • Steve, cleaning the grill, music too loud.
  • My nemesis and his peanut butter.
  • Walking everywhere.
  • Abandoned golf course, walks, drinks
  • Smothered chimichanga

A lot of those won't make sense to the general public and that's alright. I've loved it down here and it would be awesome to find my way back down to visit the kids sometime. Saying goodbye was hard to do but I know I did my best and have nothing but good memories with them.

With love I say goodbye to Biloxi, Pass Road, and all my friends at Hands On Gulf Coast. Thank you for a life-changing experience. I never knew I could feel this full and inspired by something so simple.

Comments

Popular Posts