Anis Mojgani; knitted skirt.

Today's thoughts:

Anis Mojgani, an award winning slam poet from New Orleans & currently living in Portland when he's not out and about performing, came to Utah State University last weekend to give us a show at the annual USU Beat Night. His words wound tales so tall and spectacular that I was frozen in my seat. I would like to share with you some of his work. He curses sometimes.






Nowhere online can I find my favorite piece of his, No. 13 on the CD I bought from him. It's not in his book either. But my second favorite piece, The Fisherman, is available for listening at his myspace music page. I feel that his background sounds/music on the myspace track is a distraction from the power and shock and soothing melody of his voice, but is beautiful nonetheless.

Check him out. It's worth your time.



Otherwise, I found another knitting project I'd like to work on....


This knitted skirt, the Saoirse Shawl by Norah Guaghan, is in the most recent issue of Interweave Knits and is a delightful summer piece. Yum!

PS. The socks are coming along nicely-- nearly done with the first one. Will post pictures soon!

Comments

Popular Posts