Canning Pickled Nectarines


What's that you ask? Fruit pickles? Yes! I've recently been cued in to the tradition of pickling fruits that fell out of fashion some years ago and is making a resurgence among the home-canning crowd. Serious Eats provided the recipe which only took about 45 minutes to an hour to complete, beginning to end. I might have sneaked a little taste after the nectarines were blanched in brine and managing restraint from that point forward was a challenge. This batch of sweet pickles will be a tasty treat this winter.

  
I ended up with a large amount of brine leftover, making me think I should have split the nectarine slices into a fourth jar. Instead I am keeping the sweetened, fruity vinegar bottled in the refrigerator to use on salads and other delights.

Have you been canning too? Please tell!

Comments

Popular Posts