Spinning: Merino/Bamboo Yarn

Handspun yarn from roving by Black Trillium Fibre Studio. 4 ounces, 60% Merino, 40% Bamboo. Colorway: Bumblebee.
This was my first time spinning anything except wool (minus my very first skein, a merino/silk blend) and the experience was fine. I found a bit of trouble keeping the fibers well-blended as the bamboo really wanted to stick with its own, away from the wool. The bamboo also added a real sheen to the finished product and the resulting yarn turned out far more silver and gold than I expected. Because of uncertainty regarding yarn color matching my skin tone I was beginning to think it might become gift yarn.... that is, until I washed it and found it to be as soft and squishy as a cloud and akin to being wrapped in love.
Spun in November 2011 on the middle whorl, navajo/chain plied 4 ounces, 238 yards. Finished product post coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts